The Right Laser System For More Patients
The STAR S4 IR™ Excimer Laser System is designed to bring Advanced CustomVue™ laser vision correction to life. Featuring VSS Refractive™ technology (Variable Spot Scanning) and VRR™ (Variable Repetition Rate) pulse-packing algorithm, both proprietary to AMO, the STAR S4 IR™ Excimer Laser reduces thermal effects on the cornea, allowing you to perform the Advanced CustomVue procedure quickly and effectively, while maximizing patient safety.
Using the STAR S4 IR™ Excimer Laser System, surgeons can deliver the broadest range of wavefront-guided laser vision correction treatments to patients. In fact, more than 94 percent of eligible candidates in the U.S., and more than 99.75 percent outside the U.S., may potentially benefit from the Advanced CustomVue procedure.*
* Delivers benefits of Iris Registration (IR).
* Conserves tissue by optimizing treatment times and minimizing thermal effects on the cornea.
* Minimizes additional time for wavefront-guided custom treatment over conventional treatment.
* Eliminates the need for dilation; laser tracks on the natural pupil.
* Maximizes practice efficiency and workflow through ease of use and ergonomics.
* Adjusts for intra-patient (XYZ) movement with ActiveTrak™ to further improve treatment accuracy.
Registration + Resolution
AMO offers the first treatment with FDA-approved automated Iris Registration (IR), a non-contact method for aligning and registering the Advanced CustomVue™ procedure. IR correctly centers and aligns the treatment, independently of pupil center migration, as well as compensates for cyclotorsional movement, providing a more precise ablation placement. With IR, you can instantly re-register treatment when necessary. By enabling much more accurate alignment, IR gives you the confidence that the treatment you deliver will be safe, effective and accurate.
* Reduces the impact of pupil centroid shift.
* Compensates for cyclotorsional movement.
* Eliminates the time needed for manual marking.
* Accommodates all wavefront guided laser vision correction procedures.
* Leverages multiple matching reference points for each iris.
ActiveTrak™ 3-D Active Eye Tracking
ActiveTrak™ 3-D Active Eye Tracking with automatic centering is the first FDA-approved tracker in the industry to track eye movements along the X, Y and Z axes. These features facilitate the accurate performance of the Advanced CustomVue™ procedure.